Level 2 Guidelines for Covid-19
From 12 noon on Wednesday August 12th, 2020, gatherings of up to 100 people are allowed for funerals and tangihanga. Physical distancing and public health measures must be maintained, with attendee groups keeping 1 metre apart.
These are the guidelines set out by the Ministry of Health that our funeral home must adhere to allow up to 100 people to be able to hold a farewell for their loved one in a venue.
The venue (including funeral homes, churches, marae, community halls, mosques) must have a Health & Safety plan that covers personal hygiene and infection prevention and control measures which are in place.
- The Health & Safety plan is displayed and communicated to all attendees.
- The gathering has no more than 100 people present at any one time. The people who are together for the duration of the service need to be kept separate from the next set of people using the facility. Gatherings of 100 cannot intermingle in foyers or car parks.
- The length of the gathering is no longer than 2 hours.
- Detailed records for the purposes of contact tracing must be collected from attendees, including name, address, time of visit, email etc.
- There is provision in place to hold contact tracing information for up to 1 month post the service.
- Seating or standing areas should be allocated to ensure that identified groups of friends and whanau are able to maintain 1 metre distance from each other at all times and to limit the extent of intermingling among the wider group of attendees.
- Hand hygiene is strictly adhered to, with hand sanitizer available to all attendees.
- The serving of food and drink is permitted after the service provided the venue can meet the physical distancing and hygiene requirement for food preparation and serving. This includes groupings of no more than 10 people eating together, food should be served as individual portions and not from a buffet, and no alcohol is served or consumed on the premises.
- Within our funeral home chapel, we will utilise the use of our built in web streaming technology to ensure those unable to attend in person, can view the service from the safety of their own home. Live streaming from our chapel is complimentary during Covid-19 Level 2.